Rooted Bionic...please help!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kylebennett6, Oct 27, 2011.

1. kylebennett6

kylebennett6 New Member

Hey guys, new here...so forgive me if I break any usual customs or preferences. But I have a question. I just used Pete's Root Tool to root my Bionic via my PC. And I know some, not all, of the benefits of a rooted phone. However, what do I do now? In other words, what is the best way for me (a first time rooter) to take advantage of my rooted phone. All of the stuff I've found googling typically discusses all of the risks (bricking?) associated with rooting. I'm just in need of some friendly advice as to how to take advantage of my rooted Bionic. Thank you and if this thread is already started somewhere, can someone please point me in the proper direction? Thank you!

-Kyle
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

No worries Kyle, as a first time rooter I would continue to read before you do anything drastic - most root to install a custom ROM, theme, or remove the bloat the phone shipped with...and when your ready we can help you with all of those

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  3. kylebennett6

kylebennett6 New Member

:blink:
    Hey guys, got most of the bloatware removed...but now it seems as if the HDMI feature isn't working on my phone. I went to plug the HDMI cord in to the phone and while the TV detected the presence of a device, it said "no signal". Not sure if rooting loses this feature? Any advice? Thanks!
  4. rjcapp

rjcapp New Member

I am in the same boat you are as a first timer. I just rooted my bionic last night. I too used pete's one click.

From what I am reading and what people are saying its probly best that you back everything up before you start removing bloatware and changing roms.

My question is what is the best way to do that , which programs should I pay for , exanple, titanium backup pro - blah blah blah

Hopefully someone with major experience will chime in here and give a step by step chronological order of what you should do prior to changing
    anything and deleting bloatware

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  5. marleyinoc

marleyinoc Member

look for webtop and hdmi with bionic on forums/google etc. there are ways to flash the functionality back on phone via recovery

slow down a bit and read up. :) I have just started having things *click* and I've been rooted since dec 09 with original droid ;)

I'm getting old and have never been the smartest tho so I'm sure you don't have to slow down that much ;)

edit. do slow down but I am pretty sure I loet webtop and hdmi too for a bit so please believe me I am not talking down to you. or shouldn't have been.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011