Rooted battery life

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by jgray4588, Aug 26, 2011.

1. jgray4588

jgray4588 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you root and start changing Rom freezing apps and overclocking. What kind of battery life are you getting. Still deciding if i should root or not. What helps battery life when rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  2. edwards2243

edwards2243 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you're rooting to get better battery life, you're missing the point of rooting.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

3. mjt111

mjt111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery life

Although I agree that rooting and installing a custom ROM gets you better battery life it usually isn't the only reason. I do however disagree with missing the point of rooting statement. The point of rooting to me is choice and freedom but if your only concern is improving battery life than to you that is the point of rooting. But with the poor battery life of many of these phones, the charge included doubling your battery life is a pretty good reason to install a Rom. I know since installing humble 1.4, and now 1.6 the battery life is considerably better than what came with the phone. I also recently started using a 3200 mAh battery which gives over a day of battery on the phone.

Inclosing...just root the phone and install a custom ROM because it allows for a smoother running system, better better life, and more customization. Just rember there is some risk involved although i personally haven't had any issues so far. Install at your own risk

Search tags for this page

battery on rooted x2

best battery saving tools rooted s4

droid charge battery life rooted

will rooting s4 increase battery life