Rooted Android users login credentials stored as plain text and easily accessible

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thinkmega, Sep 20, 2010.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

2. Diab210

Diab210 New Member

It seems like the lesson to learn there is don't install something that seems shady. I don't think anything can give itself root access - you have to permit it through the superuser permissions pop-up when you start that app - so as long as you don't give something full access to your phone that is going to do harm to it... you'll be fine. Isn't that the whole thing behind rooting your phone? Lots of benefits but it requires the end user to be a bit more knowledgeable of what he/she is downloading from the market/internet?
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

The way I see it, if someone is knowledgeable enough to know where the passwords are, how to open them...etc Then they probably will be able to root the phone. Most phones don't have very tough rooting processes, to where someone with a little know how and/or motivation could accomplish it.

Also, I believe the file they are referring to is on the data partition, which isn't read only. I believe a non rooted phone may be able to use something like adb to pull that file, not 100% on that though. Never tried pulling something without my phone rooted, so I am purely guessing at this part. Still this would require a little know-how, nothing that isn't well documented on the net though.
Search tags for this page
andriod login credential hacking

android credential storage

android credential storage password

android credentials storage

androidcredentials storage download

credential storage android

credential storage for android
credential storage password android
find saved credentials android apps in root phone
hack text messages android stored

how to view saved passwords on android