Rooted and OTA

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by spyder309, Nov 29, 2010.

1. spyder309

spyder309 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone is rooted and i deleted alot of stock apps that you have to go into the file system and manually remove. I think i acted to fast on that. I think if i read right i should have changed the to .apk.old. So mainly my question is after doing all the above listed things what do i need to do to receive an OverTheAir Update from verizon. Running Droid 1 with Custom Ultimate Droid Rom

#1 spyder309, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  2. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +555
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3, straight stock
    If your rooted and have Ultimate Droid's custom rom installed, why do you want the OTA update? If you wait a short while, Black Droid (UD's creator) will have all of the cool features from this update integrated into his rom. Also, there's the chance that accepting an OTA update on a rooted phone could lead to your phone becoming un-rooted. Personally, I don't trust either Verizon or (most particularly) Motorola. Motorola, don't forget, released the Droid X with a locked and encrypted bootloader.

You're much safer to wait for "our people", here on the forum, to take the good parts out of the next OTA update, and offer it in revised roms.

My two-cents worth...

-Mike

3. spyder309

spyder309 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Very good point!!! i like it!!!