1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted and Flashed PeterAlfonso's GB ROM Today!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by WinstonSmith, May 15, 2011.

1. WinstonSmith

WinstonSmith New Member

Hello,

I finally took the plunge today and spent several hours working on the phone.

I rooted today. Then, I installed Peter Alfonso's Gingerbread GPA15 and seem to have everything working.

The only issue I have noticed so far is that I am not getting a vibrating announcement when I receive an incoming text message. I'm not sure if that's a GB thing or if I don't have something installed.

So far, it seems pretty fast. :)

Can/should I overclock, too?

Thanks!
  2. WinstonSmith

WinstonSmith New Member

I am having issues with the phone calling feature of the phone on Gingerbread. Is anyone else?

Specifically, when I received calls, one time it continued to vibrate (I always have my phone on no ring and vibrate) even after I had used the slider to answer the phone. Also, I tried to hang up on a call and it would not hang up, no matter what I pressed on the touchscreen.

Anyone else have that problem?
  3. wallratt

wallratt New Member

Could be the phone or it could be the rom on your particular phone. All phones are different and they respond to roms differently. My Droid will run any Froyo rom but as for Ginderbread only Chevy's simply Stuning runs perfectly on my phone. I would just try different roms until you find one that your phone likes. There are many different roms on this site and all of them are great.
  4. GregNY

GregNY New Member

I've heard simply one battery pull / reboot to fix this issue. I've also seen this been a result of the phone not taking the install too well. You can try to wipe sys, boot, data, and cache and install fresh if you wish.

I'm a big fan of Petes Bugless froyo ROM v0.6.2.1. Smooth as silk and considerably snappier than GB (CM7 or GPA15 w/ numerous kernal variations).

If you do stick with GB, apparently Pete has the most advanced kernals out there, and I'd recommend flashing one and flashing his AutoOverClock.zip for it to "take". Overclocking with one of his kernals may also fix that call bug your experiencing.