Rooted a G1 about a year ago, just got an original DROID

OP
R

REALIZE

Reaction score
Thanks corina, I already successfully installed bugless beasts ROM v0.4, but I did a backup with ROM manager before I did so. After I did the backup, I located the created backup file on my computer after I plugged my phone in via usb, and saved said file. Now, if anything were to happen, can and how do I use that file to restore my phone? Thanks in advance everyone.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Like I said Realize, rom manager has issues. I've seen lots and lots of "please help me threads" where ppl THOUGHT they had made a backup but when they actually needed to use it....it wasn't there and they ended up in OMG HELP ME hell. Some people never have problems with it but more than enough do to keep me the hell away from it. I used it once LONG ago and I'm one of the ones it hated. All I can say is be careful when you dl a new rom through rom manager. Sometimes the rom doesn't fully load and it will put you in a bootloop which is when you'll NEED a backup. I think the rescue squad is coming up with a new thread that addresses each known issue and the fix for same soon.

OP
R

REALIZE

Reaction score
Noted and appreciated :] Literally a minute after I posted that, I booted my backup from the one I created. So, essentially Im back to just a rooted droid 1.

Now, in the past 24 hours, Ive learned a LOT, and I have to say this community is great, and Im excited to be a part of it.

So, final question(I believe :p),errrr two. Are themes to be renamed update.zip as well? And, I recovered back to my original backup I created before installing Bugless Beasts v0.4 ROM, are there going to be any registry errors or the like?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anything that is installed via SPR needs to be renamed update.zip