Rooted .905 (4G?) - Bad Battery Life

ispyty

Reaction score
I've been on a cruise with my data off for a week. Left my Droid Bionic plugged in all night. Woke up in Seattle with 4G with 20 app updates and some email syncing. I let it download the app updates over 4G (which was extremely spotty and kept disconnecting me) but does this battery usage look correct? I started futzing with the battery profile and brightness once I realized how fast the battery was dying.

I had maybe 1 hour and 20 minutes of life before I started plugging it in for the first time. Didn't seem to have many apps/services running, but whenever I am on 4G it seems my battery just kills itself. It gets pretty warm too, which is my cue to check and see if something is frozen and typing up resources.

My top battery process was Display(25%) and Android OS(16%), then Android System(11%). I use automatic brightness.

View attachment 52899

jp1044

Reaction score
I don't know if you're still having issues, but I have a couple of tips for you. 4G is a huge battery drainer, only use it if you have good reception and need the speed. It also looks like your phone is awake even when the screen is off, which means that CPU is still running as if the screen is on, which drains lots of battery. Go get GSam Battery Monitor from the Play Store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en) and click on App Usage at the bottom. This will give you a very detailed list of apps using the battery. If you click on an app, it will tell you how long the app has been using the CPU and how long the app has kept the device awake. Also, .905 is very notorious for bad battery life. I would suggest going to either the Eclipse 3.0 Rom or the ICS leaks. If you need help in flashing those, just ask!

Hope this helps!