rooted .901 but

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
want the newest baseband without having a rom

it won't OTA

ive installed VOODOO

also... for the future i want to be able to keep root and instal a ROM when i have time too

can someone please direct me to the fastest and easiest way to go from .901 to the newest baseband... thanks

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
want the newest baseband without having a rom

it won't OTA

ive installed VOODOO

also... for the future i want to be able to keep root and instal a ROM when i have time too

can someone please direct me to the fastest and easiest way to go from .901 to the newest baseband... thanks

901 is an unofficial build u are off the ota path got to my thread here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html an follow the steps don't use the alternative fxzs u will lose data but ur back ups on ur internal storage are untouched so back up ur apps before proceeding

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
901 is an unofficial build u are off the ota path got to my thread here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html an follow the steps don't use the alternative fxzs u will lose data but ur back ups on ur internal storage are untouched so back up ur apps before proceeding

darn I was hoping not to go through that whole process again... I had so many issues last time with it.. that I stopped putting roms on my phone for a few months... its why i never switched from. 901 ... ill give it a try later today... thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
still couldn't get it to go after deleting the erase data line... I may try a different version of rsd... the one im on doesn't show my device or start without an error

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
still couldn't get it to go after deleting the erase data line... I may try a different version of rsd... the one im on doesn't show my device or start without an error

Try rsd 5.6 not 5.7

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
invite sent... tried both rsd versions and still a no go.... it shows my device when the phones on but N/A under all categories when the phones in fastboot

linuxgator

Reaction score
invite sent... tried both rsd versions and still a no go.... it shows my device when the phones on but N/A under all categories when the phones in fastboot

Have you tried a different USB cable and/or USB port? Often times that is the problem, also, make sure not to go through a USB hub.

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
finally got it.... .902 worked with rsd 5.7 .....but now i lost root and its saying check for update is unavailable at this time... imma just flash ics .232 .... or at least TRY TO... lol ..... thanks guys u've helped a lot

edit- rooted it then was able to receive the OTA for 905

do i have to do a data wipe going from 905 to ics ?

Last edited:

eye_dea

Reaction score
Nope. You can maintain root using ota rootkeeper app from market though. Download it, protect root, temp unroot, flash ics, restore root using app, and unprotect root.