rooted 4.1.1

dustinslee

Reaction score
Okay I just rooted for my first time and I have a couple questions ..

the only reason I rooted was to WiFi tether using 4.1.1 and I am still stock other than I used the SQL lite hack to change development settings and I was wondering to I need titanium backup and is there a way to know I have a backed up og version to safely go back to when foxfi is fixed?

I would really appreciate all the help and if there is video links or step by step direction to something I need to do I would like that

lloydsw

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I followed all the steps correctly. The VZW hotspot now comes up without the check & allows me to turn it on. But when I connect to it, there is no internet connection & no ip address assigned to anything I connect to it. On the other hand, the usb tethering is working great. But I want the wifi for my tablet. Any ideas?

KaChow

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I followed all the steps correctly. The VZW hotspot now comes up without the check & allows me to turn it on. But when I connect to it, there is no internet connection & no ip address assigned to anything I connect to it. On the other hand, the usb tethering is working great. But I want the wifi for my tablet. Any ideas?

Just to make sure after changing the 68 entitlement_check to "0", save progress and reboot.

Also it is important to mention that the VZW HotSpot will not work if you have your phone is USB connected to your computer, if this is the case disconnect and the HotSpot will work.

lloydsw

Reaction score
Just to make sure after changing the 68 entitlement_check to "0", save progress and reboot.

Also it is important to mention that the VZW HotSpot will not work if you have your phone is USB connected to your computer, if this is the case disconnect and the HotSpot will work.

I've done all the right changes from what I can tell. I only used the USB tether when I couldn't get the hotspot to work (just to see if something would work). I've attached the screenshots from my phone and laptop to show what they are seeing.

Also, I tried WIFI Tether & it seems to work fine. But it is only ad-hoc & I would like to get the VZW hotspot working since I believe it is infrastructure.

Screenshot_2013-01-29-15-10-52.pngScreenshot from 2013-01-29 15:13:14.png

snowman

Reaction score
did you root the Maxx or the maxx HD on 4.1.1
if so what didyou use please
thanks much

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
did you root the Maxx or the maxx HD on 4.1.1
if so what didyou use please
thanks much

RAZR HD/Maxx HD can't be rooted on JB unless you have an unlocked bootloader and with verizon you can't do that with the Maxx. The HD comes in a developer edition you can unlock. Otherwise, you need to root on 4.0.4 and protect it through the OTA.

snowman

Reaction score
can I ask what you mean by
"HD comes in a developer edition you can unlock"
is this already in the rom that comes in it and I missed that?
I don't want to back up to ICS I can just wait for someone to figure out how to root JB
Thanks much GoCliffGo for the help

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
There are three Verizon model HD's. There is the consumer HD (this is the one you get on contract or through an upgrade.) There is a Maxx HD and there is a HD Developer edition. The developer edition you have to buy full price and directly from Motorola. It comes locked just like the consumer edition but you are able to go to the Motorola website and get an unlock code and use a utility called fastboot on your computer to unlock it. The easiest way to tell which one you have is to look on the back. The developer edition says "developer edition" right on the kevlar backing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

snowman

Reaction score
Thanks very much that makes more sense to me now, I appreciate the quick reply
I have the consumer