Rooted 2.2 (FRG22) and keep asking update

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mach330, Aug 17, 2010.

1. mach330

mach330 Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    so i rooted my bro in law's phone droid to the frg22 rom (not sure what yet). he keeps daily update question on the official update. i'm not sure how to stop this? i thought with rooting it blocks it. it's pretty annoying. can anyone point me to the right direction?

2. jjfreak5

jjfreak5 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I rooted mine with Easy Root, and loaded FRG22 on to it. It asked me to update. I just accepted the update as I have rom manager and flashed clockwork recovery on it. The update couldn't finish it rebooted and has not asked me again! I would say just go ahead as long as you have clockwork or sprecovery flashed on there you should be alright.

3. mentaloaf

mentaloaf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wait, you sounded pretty unclear on the first sentence, are you saying that verizon keeps trying to push the update on said phone everyday? And that is what is getting annoying? or is your Bro in law the annoying one who keeps asking about some update?
    I just like 5 minutes ago got the first message from verizon saying that I had to update and that is why I am on here looking at this....can we get some serious input into this please? I just cleared it out of my notifications but I don't think that is the end of it....comments?

4. captainskyhawk

captainskyhawk New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    same here. rooted 2.2 (frg22) and keeps asking me to update. i haven't let it since i don't want to mess anything up so i'll just wait for more info on it. i thought it shouldn't check for updates at all though.

5. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Not sure about a simpler solution, but you can move to one of the custom ROMS that definitely does disable OTA updates, like Simply Stunning.

6. subsynth

subsynth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also on the FRG22 leak and I'v gotten three update notifications now, I restart and they are blocked by SPRecovery.

I'm completely happy with my slimmed down stock experience, so I don't really want to load another rom. Is there any solution?

7. azpilot

azpilot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The updates are not going to be blocked by just rebooting or power down. You will need to tell the device to allow the update, right after it starts you should get an ! in the triangle and the update should stop, select reboot from the menu and let the phone reset and you should not get notified again of the update.

8. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running frb01b. I just got the 2nd update this morning. I acknowledged to it like what I did to the first time, and it went away. I wouldn't be surprised I would be getting a new one down the road. It appears the ROMs we are running are picking up the OTA notification whenever it becomes available. Yes, SPRecovery prevents the actual installation, which is good.

9. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Thats what I did after it asked me the first time and since then I have not been notified about update.

10. wezil

wezil New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Verizon keeps trying to send me the update even after I have allowed it and sprecovery blocked it. I have allowed it to reboot and install 3 times and sprecovery has blocked all of them yet I got the notification again this morning.
    I am in the same boat as subsynth. I really like where my phone is at. Any help would be appreciated.

Stock FRG22 (put together by CellZealot, Andrew, and P3Droid @ MyDroidWorld) with ChevyNo1 LV 1000mhz kernal

Thanks

11. subsynth

subsynth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    By rebooting I mean I hit the restart and install from the update and notification, it restarts into recovery and the installation is blocked. When I start back up and check system updates it says my phone is up to date, still it seems every 3 days I'm getting the notification again.

12. mach330

mach330 Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    i think i have the same one. Is there anyway to do this without installing one of the custom roms? i hate wiping data again.

Search tags for this page

routed s4 asking for update