ROOTED 2.1 stock,using Jrummy's Remix V0.5 - Cyanmod 5.0.5.7 questions and stuff

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by iamnotjohn, May 2, 2010.

1. iamnotjohn

iamnotjohn New Member

hi, i just rooted my phone from stock 2.1 (cause i updated my phont from 2.0.1 to 2.1) then followed the flash thing shortcut to get your 2.1 rooted. (i can teach you how if you're interested, i was scared at first but it was really easy) now i'm new one the cyanogen Mod (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/jr...0-5-cyanmod-5-0-5-7-3-themes-many-extras.html), i just have some few questions...

1. what is busybox, and how would i know if i have one or not?
    2. i know i have sprecovery, but is it possible to install other Roms or themes?
    3. is it possble to install metamorph on this?
    4. i've been trying to use the "cpu settings" thing on the "spare parts" app, but i dont think its working for me...
    5. there was an option to hide the clock on the status bar, but i cant get it to work...
    6. if im gonna install a new rom, by renaming the rom update.zip, do i have to make a nandroid back up again? or can i even do this (install ROM)?
    7. when i updated the facebook app on this rom, the widget turns to the normal one, not the themed one, and the icon too, is it possible to update it and still get the same widget and icon?

Im sorry for the NEWBIE-ness guys. and thank you for your help... if you know anything about these question, please feel free to answer as a new post down here... thank you very much :)

-John
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge
    1. Not really sure on this one...I believe Busybox is pretty much a program you add to your rooted phone that will let you run other rooting options/apps. can't think of a ROM that doesn't include it, though.

2. SPRecovery is your Recovery, not a ROM or theme. To use a ROM or apply a theme, follow the poster's directions, and if you're not sure, ask questions.

3 Yep just go to the market and download Metamorph.

4. Not sure what you are talking about here

5. If the option was an option for the ROM, check out the ROM thread or pm him. If it wasn't, search the themes section.

6. IF the developer says it's an update.zip, then yes you can apply a new ROM using this method, but it's strongly suggested you make an advanced nandroid backup just incase anything goes wrong.

7. Updating apps from the marketplace causes the app to lose all of its old files. If you learned how, you could use 7zip and extract the themed files and replace the new ones, but if you don't know how, try asking Jrummy to make an MM theme that you can use each time you update facebook.
  3. iamnotjohn

iamnotjohn New Member

hey, thank you for your help man.. appreciate it...