Root

gunftr

Reaction score
I have successfully rooted my droid x And I have gotten wireless tethering up and working just fine I want to get rid of some preinstalled software what do I need to do next? I have android zip pro installed And it won't let me delete blockbuster.( I have focused on blockbuster has a target to uninstall.... why...... just because)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Download titanium backup. Once installed open it up and allow it superuser access. Tap on the backup/restore tab. Scroll down until you find the app/apps you want to delete then tap on it. A popup opens up and you have an option to backup, delete, or freeze the app. Many people suggest just freezing an app. It stops it from working. When a new OTA update comes out it requires you to have all of the preinstalled apps on your phone for the update. You can also delete it if you really want. Make sure and create a backup of your phone before you do anything else. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Download titanium backup. Once installed open it up and allow it superuser access. Tap on the backup/restore tab. Scroll down until you find the app/apps you want to delete then tap on it. A popup opens up and you have an option to backup, delete, or freeze the app. Many people suggest just freezing an app. It stops it from working. When a new OTA update comes out it requires you to have all of the preinstalled apps on your phone for the update. You can also delete it if you really want. Make sure and create a backup of your phone before you do anything else. Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

+1 To this.. If you delete it you will be in panic mode when the next OTA comes out.. If another OTA every comes out.. If it bothers you that bad flash a ROM that has been stripped down and you will never need to worry about them again:icon_ banana:

OP
G

gunftr

Reaction score
Thanks guys I appreciate all the comments. My next task is to flash a rom I've got about 10 backup around because I'm old and I forget were #### is. In all of the reading i've done no 1 specificly mentions a certain rom manager is there a consensus they all seem about the same to me.( bare with me while I bring my skill level up to par). Thanks

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you back up your ROM....when you figure out how to do that let me know. I have been trying for 2 nights now to do this so I can install Liberty

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the hacks section is my guide to using bootstrap and how to rename backups. Don't use rom manager, use bootstrap to get into clockwork recovery

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't. I have tried that several times and my phone just boots normally. I cannot for the life of me get into CWR

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok did you download bootstrap? If so in my guide there's step by step instructions on how to use it to make a backup.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to select bootstrap recovery first then ok the reboot recovery

drakenhoffen

Reaction score
I can't. I have tried that several times and my phone just boots normally. I cannot for the life of me get into CWR

You have to have CWR installed and flashed. Then install the Droid X Bootstrap to make it go to CWR, and have to reboot from the Bootstrap not CWR to get there. This is because of the locked down boot on the droid X.

OP
G

gunftr

Reaction score
I can find the guide you mentioned. Could you be a bit more specific about where it is located