Root Your Droid - Request Guides

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Big Lou, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Big Lou

Big Lou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, for those of you who don't know, I started a brand new website called RootYourDroid.info. It is a website dedicated to complete noob-friendly guides for rooting and hacking your Droid. So far I have not added any guides (I left for Colorado right after I created it and only got back today), but I will be adding a few this week.

I created this thread so that people may request guides to be made on a variety of topics. Some may be made immediately, some down the road, and yet some I may never create... but at least this will give me an idea of what people need help with.

You may also contact me directly by sending an email to biglou@rootyourdroid.info.

Keep checking the website for updates!

2. dredge

dredge Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have a question wondering if yuo know

will the 2.1 every is downloading from the sticky be available to all droid users or is this only a thing u can download off here.

- in other words - will verizon release their 2.1 or do we have to download one that is posted.

3. Lynx

Lynx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The one posted is NOT from a droid. I am pretty sure its from the Nexus.

4. Kamar234

Kamar234 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would love to see a comprehendable guide that explains how to install sprecovery version 0.99.0b. I Just don't really get this. I was able to root the hero when it used the command prompt, but the Droid command prompt info is above me. I just can't figure out what files are where and their paths. It would greatly help if you told us where to place the files on our cpu's so that we can enter the exact same lines as in the computer. Thanks for the hard work your'e about to do to make things easier for all of us. That goes for you and all the other brilliant people on these forums.

5. robertmills

robertmills New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would you be able to diwcuss building a custom rom from source and the process to go about that?

6. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    @robertmills, this is a more complicated process... i think the guys at sholes.info posted a how-to on their site

7. Aaron636r

Aaron636r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks good. Keep up the work.

8. Big Lou

Big Lou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will not be able to create guides on how to build roms from source. You'll have to go a little deeper for that.

The first batch of guides will be basic root access and adb tutorials.

9. brendanstl

brendanstl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think thats a great idea Lou. I think you should start from the top and work your way into the tutorials so people dont try to add things to their phone that cant be added until they get the essentials, otherwise you might be overwhelmed with questions while trying to write other tutorials.

my 2 cents

10. mammlouk

mammlouk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How about some quick guides on understanding the terminal/command prompt for Windows, Linux, and OSX. It seems that alot of questions come up because people don't understand anything about terminal interfaces. Questions like "What does 'cd to the directory mean?' come up fairly often. My personal opinions on whether someone who can't google enough to learn about their operating systems command line interface should be rooting aside... Those would be helpful for alot of people.