1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Root Your Droid - Noob Friendly Website

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Big Lou, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

I have created a new website which will be updated with noob-friendly guides and how-tos on all things hackable. I will have complete walkthroughs for those who have never even touched a command prompt.

You can find the website here: Root Your Droid - The complete guide to rooting your Droid

I am also looking for a few editors to help me out by posting other guides and writing news articles. This could turn out to be a pretty big site, but only with community involvement!

If you want to help out, either PM me here or email me at biglou@rootyourdroid.info
  2. Bhinderoid

Bhinderoid New Member

Sweet dude! Lookin' forward to it
  3. coolkidd

coolkidd New Member

Nice job. Many will appreciate this website since it only does one thing. Will you also have the files stored in this website as well.... it is nice to have a centralized website to download the softwares for rooting the Droid.... although it might exceed your monthly bandwidth.... imagine 200,000 Droid owners downloading a 10+ MB file :)
  4. Fadelight

Fadelight New Member

That's why you host the files elsewhere, and provide links on your site. :)
  5. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

It would be great to see a site like this come out and provide an "official" torrent tracker for files as part of the distribution model.
  6. boatman2220

boatman2220 New Member

Some of us need a little help getting started, after doing a few things for the first time, I'm sure most want be nearly as hesitant to dig in a little deeper. Thanks, for taking the time to do this.
  7. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Big Lou,

I think this is a great idea. Especially if it will keep the true hackers here from throwing up their arms and leaving this site. I think there are a lot of folks here who are well beyond "if you have to ask what root is....", but honestly folks asking what is adb in the middle of a reasonably thoughtful thread like root apps, boot animations, recovery etc. must really push the limits of the patient ones here. Honestly I think that much here could be sorted out with perhaps a few more stickies, but I understand those issues. Perhaps a subforum here, Hacks for Newbs, which I are one.

I'll give you five stars for effort, and a bookmark...........

Craig
  8. boatman2220

boatman2220 New Member

I read and learn by reading all that I can here. Your website is a great idea. Hope some of the more knowledgeable folks here jump in to help also. A sub forum here with links to your site. I try not to disturb people that have a thread going and I don't know anything about it. Some are put off by the questions coming where it is very obvious that the person asking hasn't a clue as where to start. Someone stepping up to get us heading in the right direction is great.
  9. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

I'm pleasently surprised by all your reactions. I was expecting to get grief based on claims of redundancy and uselessness. I'm glad others feel this is a good idea. I've had a few people request to help out which is great! I may be contacting a few of you more knowledgeable users directly...
  10. atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie New Member

The problem with a site like droidforums for something like this is that threads tend to get out of hand and following them can sometimes be frustrating. It ends up being 20 pages of questions that have been answered 15 times and sometimes it seems the same question is answered in several different ways.

Your idea, if you keep it clean and concise, is an excellent one. I do graphics work for a living so if you need help with anything in that area, PM me and I'll try to help you out.
  11. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

Ha, as do I. I'm a graphic designer by trade.
  12. atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie New Member

Well then I guess that solves that eh? :)
  13. Aaron636r

Aaron636r New Member

Nice. Cant wait to see the guides
  14. csmith197

csmith197 New Member

This is a pretty good idea. Feel free if you want to use any of my write ups if you want
  15. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

Yes, there are quite a few guides on this site and on alldroid; some of it may need to be modified for the simple user, but I will certainly use what I can. No need to reinvent the wheel.
  16. boatman2220

boatman2220 New Member

Every time I check out this section of the forum I see many of the same questions asked again and again. A place where the answers and step by step directions to those questions are answered would be great. Remember don't assume the people asking the questions have the least bit of knowledge about any of this. It needs to be from step #1 turn on your desktop to disconnect the phone and reboot it. Something like hit ENTER after typing this and now for Step #2. Explain what " " means, in other words, type this command EXACTLY as I have it posted. I'm sure this will be a big hit on the web. Who knows, might become one of the go to sites on the Web for the Droid.
  17. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

Yes, hopefully it will. I have mentioned a possible Podcast project for DroidForums, but I believe now if I do a podcast it will be for RootYourDroid.

I'm still open for full-time help on the website, so if you're interested, please PM me. Examples of write-ups or helping others would be appreciated!
  18. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

LOVE this idea, I'm really thinking about trying to root and install Custom roms. I also want to know how to make a backup of my current system so that I can just put it back if I don't end up liking the roms. THe information is scattered at the moment and having a one place to go to would be excellent!
  19. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Big Lou thank you for making your site! Your site is just the thing I have been looking for! I really want to learn this stuff. But at the same time as a beginer I need it to be dumed down. Until I fully understand the terms and how to's.
Search tags for this page
android root website
android website to root
best websites to root phones
phone rooting websites
root website for android
rooting website for android

rooting websites

website to root droid