Root yet or no?

Reaction score
As the name suggests do Droid 3 owners have root yet. Cause honestly I'm ecstatic for it.

I may not have a D3 yet but hopefully will get one Sunday to astray from the topic if u can't give root details. What's the best thing to optimize battery/performance on the phone and how to make look like a worthy successor to my og droid

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As the name suggests do Droid 3 owners have root yet. Cause honestly I'm ecstatic for it.

I may not have a D3 yet but hopefully will get one Sunday to astray from the topic if u can't give root details. What's the best thing to optimize battery/performance on the phone and how to make look like a worthy successor to my og droid

Nope, we're still waiting for root unfortunately. We do have devs trying to get it, though. Hopefully soon! Also, enjoy your Droid 3, you'll love it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
S
Reaction score
I hope so I keep reading everything I Can on it but root would be stellar right now. And idk but somebody posted a possible root for the phone in one of my threads I'm going to check it when I get it but you're willing to do so also if you want to risk it

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope so I keep reading everything I Can on it but root would be stellar right now. And idk but somebody posted a possible root for the phone in one of my threads I'm going to check it when I get it but you're willing to do so also if you want to risk it

Mind posting the thread? I'd definitely love to test it out!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
S
Reaction score

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone try this?

Sent from my DROID3

toaday

Reaction score
Trying it now

I'm using Gingersnap to attempt to root my Droid 3 right now. Has been on "Executing exploit. This could take a while..." for about 5 minutes now. Will update if it works or doesn't work in about 10 minutes.

Edit: Doesn't look like it's doing anything anymore. Still stuck on "Executing exploit" but I'm pretty sure it's just waiting for something to happen.... Maybe next time.