Root wait... or do it? Questions

bamanoob

Reaction score
Ok figured out how to root and unroot the droid 4, I have been doing a lot of ready and people waiting on programs, I hear in some threads to yes download the safetrap and some who say wait... Ok so I figure no harm in installing the root, so here is my question

after downloading root what is the next most important things to install after I root? is there a thread on step my step on this?
I know I need ROM but I am confused about the whole backup thing and safe mode thing, is there a how to for noobs aka root dummies?
I am sure as time goes and lots of reading I will figure out all the perks to rooting.

Any help or links and advice will be appreciated

Thanks

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
my two favorite apps after rooting are titanium backup to freeze bloatware and set cpu which i use to underclock when the screens off.. i also run a cache cleaner everyday that uses root

OP
B

bamanoob

Reaction score
my two favorite apps after rooting are titanium backup to freeze bloatware and set cpu which i use to underclock when the screens off.. i also run a cache cleaner everyday that uses root

Thanks for the tip but from what I understand titanium requires rom does it not? or did I miss read on that?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Thanks for the tip but from what I understand titanium requires rom does it not? or did I miss read on that?

You can use Titanium on stock ROM.

OP
B

bamanoob

Reaction score

I got the titanium downloaded which cache cleaner to you recommend

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Titainium is a nice app but the most used feature (freezing) is only available in the paid version. App quarantine is free and will allow you to freeze or in other words remove the pre loaded bloat that comes with the phone, it does not delete it so it is alittle safer than titainium backup as well. There is a list of apps safe to freeze on xda.
I would hold off on doing any romming if you are unsure of yourself until you have read enough to understand fully what you are doing and how it is done. There are several explanations on how to use safe strap on this site and in the d4 section under development. We still don't have any fastboot files to restore our phones if a mistake is made, so anything you do should be done with extreme caution.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OP
B

bamanoob

Reaction score

Titainium is a nice app but the most used feature (freezing) is only available in the paid version. App quarantine is free and will allow you to freeze or in other words remove the pre loaded bloat that comes with the phone, it does not delete it so it is alittle safer than titainium backup as well. There is a list of apps safe to freeze on xda.
I would hold off on doing any romming if you are unsure of yourself until you have read enough to understand fully what you are doing and how it is done. There are several explanations on how to use safe strap on this site and in the d4 section under development. We still don't have any fastboot files to restore our phones if a mistake is made, so anything you do should be done with extreme caution.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

ty for all the great info, yeah I am going to wait until more comes out and all testing has been done and easy uploads lmao.... again ty so much!

Big D

Reaction score
Just root the bad boy. I am amazed at how much easier the rooting process is now than just a few years ago.

Really easy and virtually idiot proof.