1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Root & Unroot without installing SU?

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Hacks' started by CamoCustom, Mar 22, 2012.

1. CamoCustom

CamoCustom New Member

Is there a root or an Unroot process that removes the SU in case you need to unroot your phone to send back for warranty?

If that question doesnt make sense, please just ask me to clarify better, I will try:

I had a droid X2, I rooted, all was great! I didnt plan on doing any crazy ROM flashes or anything, just using for the apps that need root access. ANYWAYS, my X2's headphone earpiece speaker took a dump and completely died on me, So i had to unroot and restore back to stock so I can get a replacement. I used petes one click tools to both root and unroot. Un-root went smoothly, except for when it was done, SU was still there( I understand it installs in system/apps and therefore stays on phone. Well, thats my question, is there a way to root the phone that doesnt add that file to the system apps? So I could just DL Superuser and use it that way so I can uninstall if needed?
  2. CamoCustom

CamoCustom New Member

Anybody know the answer? If you do, please just take the 1 minute to answer this: Is there a root process that does NOT install SuperUser into the system/apps folder?
  3. Droid-Xer

Droid-Xer Super Moderator Premium Member

Rooting requires the SU app to be installed in /system/apps. If you have a Droid x just flash the appropriate SBF and it will return the phone to stock.
  4. CamoCustom

CamoCustom New Member

Ok, so there is no way to root in which it doesnt install SU. Thanks, answered my question. I have a Bionic.
  5. Droid-Xer

Droid-Xer Super Moderator Premium Member

Correct. There is a super user app needed but also a SU binary zip needed. No super user = no root
  6. dags5000

dags5000 New Member

Root itself i.e. the su binary does not require the superuser.apk. that said most if not all apps that try to use the su binary need the superuser.apk as it manages which apps can have access. U can have root tho without the apk

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

how to install su binary

how to install su binary on android

install su binary

install su binary android
manually install su binary

no su binary installed

root su binary

su binary apk

su binary install
su binary installer