1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

root/unroot droid august 2011

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by painball64, Aug 13, 2011.

1. painball64

painball64 Member

ok so recently i needed to go back to stock which rsdlite would not work for me for some reason. alot of the links are old or didnt work for me to get back to stock so i want this thread to be the most up to date thread on what all the options are for rooting and unrooting/stock. if there are others which there prolly are post and hopefully i will update this thread. hopefully this will get stickied when we have all the options.

ROOT:
    to root i used superoneclick
    r
    eboot and use clockwork mod to install ur recovery and get started with roms

UNROOT:
    a few different options are available.
    1. link to ikithme sbf unroot (note some links are down)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/37717-unroot-unbrick-using-sbf-post-ikithme.html
    . get stock update.zip file frg83g is the latest OTA file. from your recovery i did the stock update file which also changed the bootloader from custom to the stock one. make sure before u wipe cache and partition then apply update. u now have stock phone.
    3. the smupdater way is broken or lost unless someone had the file to upload. its a old way to revert anyways.

DOWNLOADS:
    signed-voles-FRG83G-ota
    rsdlite
    superoneclick
    most other files are in ikithmes link
  2. painball64

painball64 Member

also just tested the update file. for some reason the stock apps wont update like gmail, gmaps. idk why they wont but i suggest we find another stock file that might work better. but for returns sake its fine. same file i used to send mine in the other week
  3. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

I agree with you on the concept of this thread. I think the post by iktheme should have been at least unstickied if not deleted a long time ago. Jntdroid put up a great unrooting guide somewhere in the Rescue Squad Guide section to unroot, the Root any Droid by MotoCache1 is about the best one to root, but as you said some of the links are dead.

But I also have all the files and some guides as well just for this purpose, as at this site they tend to get scattered and tattered. The bummer is that one is allowed only one link in their sig, so to get to my guides, you have to scan my avatar.