Root uh-oh...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DriodDude, Apr 6, 2010.

1. DriodDude

DriodDude New Member

I'm a big android noob but I wanted to get root on my Moto Droid. After reading thread after thread about rooting I felt pretty prepared. I even dug through this site Start Here | Root Your Droid.

I started the root process using these instructions Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid.

Everything was fine and dandy until my Droid actually began installing the file. There were two errors...
    1. E : EOCD marker occurs after start of EOCD
    2. E :signature verification failed

Then it says Installation aborted and that how it ends. I pressed the sleep/power key and turned on my phone.

What did I do wrong?
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Let me first ask.....have you recieved the 2.1 OTA?
  3. DriodDude

DriodDude New Member

Yes I have. I thought that would be an issue but I wanted to give it a try anyways.
  4. littlerick

littlerick New Member

i dont think they have rooted 2.1 yet
  5. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

you can't use the update.zip for 2.01 on 2.1 sorry, the official 2.1 has not been rooted yet, you must install a prerooted 2.1 ROM or revert back to 2.01 via SBF and then root.

for the guys who went OTA thinking they could just switch back its been a long hard road.... sucks for those guys LOL

-=Jason=-
  6. DriodDude

DriodDude New Member

Is there an ETA on a 2.1 root?

=/
  7. LdaSense420

LdaSense420 New Member

lol it does suck...i jus got my fone and before i read about rooting, i read about manually updating to 2.1 so i was all excited...did the update THEN found out about rooting...so i read page after page on this forum and finally got confident enuff to flash the sbf file and revert back to 2.0.1. i then proceeded to root 2.0.1, finished up, and started messin round wit it and THEN i realize i cud of just updated to 2.1 WITH root so so i went thru the process again and figured out how to update with root...it might of been a quick process for all the techies out there but for sum 1 that only had their fone for about a week...WOWSERS...it seemed like a lifetime...
  8. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

For right now as you all know there is no root access for the official 2.1 ota yet. There are backdoor methods to running 2.1 rooted. I am currently running it now and have the pics in my sig.
  9. joshmutiny

joshmutiny New Member

I had to do this, too. Just go to the link below and follow those steps EXACTLY. If you **** it up, you WILL brick your phone, so just be patient and you'll be able to root from 2.0.1

Unbrick/Unroot your phone using an .sbf
  10. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

There's no way to estimate. A bug needs to be found that can be exploited to allow root access. It was very fast with the original 2.0 software because there was a lot of community interest and motivation.

Because the droid (2.0) is already rooted, I can't imagine that many people are too excited about rooting 2.1. It's just not needed. Anybody that wants to root their 2.1 phone can still do it, it's just harder to do (RSDLite to revert back to 2.0.1, root, install hacked 2.1 update).
Search tags for this page
e :eocd marker occurs after start of eocd

eocd marker occurs after start of eocd