1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

"Root Tools" app problem

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by HuckleSmothered, Feb 27, 2011.

1. HuckleSmothered

HuckleSmothered New Member

I recently rooted my Droid Aria. Trying to remove a few app's as well now (the ROM "Liberated Aria FR008" already removed a few I didn't want). I installed the application "Root Tools" to do this and more. Problem is, I can't get it to do anything.

I installed "Root Checker" as well. It confirmed I have root access and Busybox is installed correctly. "Root Tools" does nothing for me though. I try to remove an app and it says it removed it. I refresh, it is back. I remove it again ... reboot the phone, and it's back. When I start "Root Tools" up, it says it has been granted superuser permissions. Tweaks like the Ad Blocker in there do nothing either. Fix Permissions didn't do anything that I could see. Mount system read/write says it works but if I go into another file explorer it is hit and miss. Boot animations will act like it is downloading and working, but on reboot, nothing. Tried to clear the roottools folder on the SD card and found out there is no roottools folder. Created it, still nothing happened. Uninstalled, reinstalled. Same problems.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?
  2. zhuhang

zhuhang New Member

same problem here
  3. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Just use root explorer to remove them the apps are kept in /system/app if they're system apps or they're in /data/app if they're from the market and what not

Then to delete the apps data they are in /data/data

That's the easiest way to remove apps in my opinion as for the problem with root tools no idea Jrummy16 always has quality stuff he's a great developer i would send him an email about it to make him aware of it he's a nice guy i'm sure he would fix it right away for you guys
  4. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Did you actually PAY for the app? I have the paid version and it works fine for me. However, my brother tried to get it for free off some website and it wouldn't work. Not saying you DID, just asking because if you didn't, that could actually be the issue.
  5. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Doing things like that is not allowed and as a developer myself that would make me quite mad i think a lot of people don't realize how much work we put into this stuff and the amount of code behind even just simple things like a calculator most people would find absolutely ridiculous.

Things like root tools take days, weeks even months to write it really is a ton of work to do things like that and it usually ends up being thousands of lines of code which is why stealing from devs really isn't nice but like spc said not saying anyone of you did i'm just mentioning it because it was brought up.
  6. HuckleSmothered

HuckleSmothered New Member

I ended up flashing the ROM. Even then, the Root Tools app was not working. It appears to just not be a very good app.

And yes, I had paid for it. Never heard from the developer either when I wrote him. Which makes this app a rip off from what I can tell.
Search tags for this page
droid+tools+to+fix+rooted files

root tools error

root tools isnt working

root tools problems

root tools unable mount read write

root tools unable to mount read write