Root to unroot to ota?

Reaction score
if I root my phone then unroot it by downgrading will I still get the ota? I tried the manual one and it didn't work so its starting to make me wonder

RyanPm40

Reaction score
That's what I did. I hope so! Haven't gotten my update yet, but I don't see why not, it's all back to normal!

OP
G
Reaction score
Where do you work that HTC just shows up there? I just haven't seen anybody update their phone after they had already rooted it and unrooted it

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
in droid hacks, a guy said he was rooted and he was prompted for the update..

i work in the industry, but i will not disclose who i work for.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
im in the same boat as you.. i was rooted.. then i unrooted.. still waiting on the update..

but when i rooted, i did it the old fashioned way.. the initial way it was discovered.

OP
G
Reaction score
That's good to hear so we'll just have to wait it out for a week? I'm just going to pretend your a spy. At least a week is better then my local verizon store telling me it would take 2 to 3 weeks.

OP
G
Reaction score
oh would it be different if i rooted through unrevoked? Hopefully someone can answer this. Is rooting it the old fashioned way require you to update drivers on your phone through your device manager?

OP
G
Reaction score
I did unroot from the video and my about phone says 2.1 update1 but when I unrooted it I didn't get that update thing he gets it just said it was already up to date any insight on this?