Root to Froyo - Text messages

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by jssmith76, Jul 19, 2010.

1. jssmith76

jssmith76 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

First off, if this is in the wrong area, will the mods please move this to the correct area. Secondly, I've searched and couldn't come up with any "good" results. My questions is this:

If I root my D1 to 2.2, will I lose all of my text messages, or will I be able to retain them?

I guess the question would pertain towards the OTA 2.2, but since that is sometime in the future, I doubt that anyone would be able to give much of a credible answer to that. I've been on the fence about rooting to 2.2 because of slight chance of bricking. And then there's the whole thing of voiding the warranty, but whatever. I mainly am worried about updating to 2.2 and losing my text messages, contacts, and games save status'. Especially my info for Homerun Battle 3D.

I'm sure that plenty of you will be able to assist in "edging" me towards the dark side.

Thanks,
    Josh

2. cromo8

cromo8 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if you wipe data and cache yes you will lose them, however you can download my backup it will save all your data and messages

3. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    If you wait for the OTA update.. you wont have to backup and restore anything, no data is lost

If you root and go 2.2, you have a few options for backing up. I (and many others) use titanium backup, which is awesome. I use SMSBackupAndRestore for texts and it works GREAT.. idk specifically about game save data

Search tags for this page
how do i root text messages from an adroid motorola

will i loose texts if i root my phone

will i lose messages after rooting
will i lose my data if i use framaroot
will i lose my text messages if i clear the cache
will i lose my text messages when i switch verizon phones
will i lose my texts if i root my phone