Root status

Reaction score
Title say it all. But currently was is the status of root, just asking cause i want to know and what not. As a thought the nexus 1/S has root even though its on 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 could we not use the same exploit on it or are things different for google devices versus per say motorola or htc devices

btonetbone

Reaction score
We have successfully had root for weeks. Didn't you see all the threads noting the wonderful progress?

OP
S
Reaction score
WTf!!! im sad how have had and how can i root it? also any of woodymans roms yet PLEASE I Need this lol not really cause i just got this phone today

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Title say it all. But currently was is the status of root, just asking cause i want to know and what not. As a thought the nexus 1/S has root even though its on 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 could we not use the same exploit on it or are things different for google devices versus per say motorola or htc devices

The Nexus line is unlocked. Motorola has the most locked-down bootloaders of any current manufacturer.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

JustisLewis

Reaction score
WTf!!! im sad how have had and how can i root it? also any of woodymans roms yet PLEASE I Need this lol not really cause i just got this phone today

Btonetbone was being sarcastic

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
S
Reaction score
i kinda figured that one but dont you still have to find a exploit even though it unlocked to gain superuser permissions

OP
S
Reaction score
yeah i got that one instantly my post was just being subjective to it. i know we dont have root yet its just fun to go with what everyone says even if it its sarcasm to not create problems and start issues

Kickbut101

Reaction score
yeah i got that one instantly my post was just being subjective to it. i know we dont have root yet its just fun to go with what everyone says even if it its sarcasm to not create problems and start issues
haha, either good attitude, or good cover... ;)

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am sure they are looking into it. Seems to be the most likely option to me as they seem similar....but I have no idea

btonetbone

Reaction score
We have successfully had root for weeks. Didn't you see all the threads noting the wonderful progress?

You're not helping.

Of course not, and neither do extra threads asking when we will get root, if we are already rooted, who's working on root, etc. It has all been asked to death, and anyone actively checking here or the other forums will know it in a minute. I'm as excited as anyone else to get rid of the bloatware and have some custom ROM goodness.

So let's all send our best wishes/coding skills/extra dollars to woodyman, the entire DroidConcepts team, p3droid, and any other devs working on it for us.

superkeest

Reaction score
OP
S
Reaction score
How I wish I could I simply don't want to brick my phone especially with no way of restoring it and fixing it if it bricks

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums