Root Question

stemo

Reaction score
I have rooted every cellular device that I've owned and I was wondering if the Razr blade utility that I used on my razr maxx would allow me to gain root access to my razr m? Or is there another way to root my razr m?

Thanks.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Found this after a quick google search, seems to be the easiest method:How to Root Motorola Razr M 4G LTE on Any Firmware - Tutorial - Android Advices

There's some link over at XDA on how to root, but that's all the way back from Oct 2012 and I didn't read if it was up to date or not.

thats the same old method for ics as posted on xda.

I have rooted every cellular device that I've owned and I was wondering if the Razr blade utility that I used on my razr maxx would allow me to gain root access to my razr m? Or is there another way to root my razr m?

Thanks.

here are the updated utilities that do it all Utility Belt (make sure you grab the correct one for your phone!!)

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
From what I saw when looking through those utilities it said not to use with the most recent update of 4.1.2 that locks the bootloader.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
OP
S

stemo

Reaction score

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I was reading about the script that ypu linked. it says to use on system version 98.18.78. My phone is running system version 98.16.3. will this still work?

in that case, no, do not use that. here is a utility for versions previous to the current one i posted before DROID RAZR M Utility 1.20 --- Windows/Mac/Linux - Droid Razr M Development [XT907] - DroidRzr.com
i don't see where it list what version it works on (typical), but by the age of the post i know approximately what it should work on.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
I have gained root thanks to motochopper 1.1.2. thanks for the help

TJBrookz

Reaction score
On these RAZR m phones there is no app2sd function, my question is will that change if I root?

I only ask because I have a 32gb SD card that is basically unused and I have a constant battle with the "insufficient storage available" monster lol

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
I rooted my razr m and don't have or haven't noticed an app2sd setting.

TJBrookz

Reaction score
I rooted my razr m and don't have or haven't noticed an app2sd setting.

OK thanks! :)

That does stink tho

Probably gonna try to switch to a different droid now

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
Yea it's pretty dumb that we can't move apps. On my razr maxx before I got the M I could move them. But to my understanding most if not all newer phones don't allow you to move apps to the SD card

TJBrookz

Reaction score
Yeah it's super stupid!

I wonder why they would change that from the RAZR max to the RAZR m?

I'm hoping to get the Droid Maxx because it has 32gb internal storage, and my dad just got one and he loves it

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4