1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Root Problems

Discussion in 'Droid Rooted Help' started by slipknotver, Sep 5, 2010.

1. slipknotver

slipknotver New Member

i have trouble trying to root my Motorola droid 2.2 . ive tried using Universal Androot but it keeps giving me an error saying "Failed ! No fu goo. w/e taht means. ive also tried using "Easy Root" ive paid and got a key for it and when i used the app it says cingrats and now its rooted etc. and then says have to reboot to finished it and when i do nothing happens. I go back into the app again and it has me root it again. ive rooted it over n over and each time says congrats its rooted but when i reboot it doesnt do anything. the app says when i reboot and go back into the app it will bring me right to this page where it suggests apps to use but it doesn't it just has me root it again. Ive also tried downloading some update i was reading abotu n doing the hold X thing then hit volume and camra etc and install that was but i get errors doing that too. iver watched videos on how to root with easy root and universal and ive done everything they have but its not working. any ideas?
  2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

See Motocache1's guide to rooting.

Easyroot and androot DO NOT work for rooting 2.2.

A change was made to the stock recovery that makes it impossible to root without doing it the "long" or (what I like to call) correct way.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

4. imgrtful

imgrtful New Member

i just rooted my first droid with the 2.2 update on it.i tried the way i have done before using RSD Lite and then adding on SPRecovery but had major issues.then i found this in someones sig while searching the forums to find out what i need to do.i also went back to 2.0.1 before i tried this so not exactly sure what the difference is going from straight 2.2 stock but im sure there is none.it got kinda scarey for a second and my cousin would have been worried if i showed her what it was doing.but this does work.so have fun.just make sure you have the correct drivers installed otherwise RSD Lite wont recognize your Droid
Search tags for this page
androot failed
fail no fu goo

failed no fu goo

failed no fu goo androot
failed no fu goo universal androot
failed no fugoo
fu goo

no fu goo

root failed no fu goo
universal androot failed
universal androot failed fu goo