Root problem

Casey407

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I looked around all morning and couldn't find a similar post, so time to ask!

I was trying to root my phone using the "Root droid 1 regardless of OS" guide and now my phone isn't working. I'm not sure if I didn't copy the update.zip file right or what, but I'm stuck in boot loop most of the time and the LED light is red. When the phone makes it out of boot loop, it opens up the activation screen only to force close a few seconds after it gets there.

I cannot mount the phone to access my SD card.

When I tried to install update.zip from sd card using sbf recovery, It would go about half way and then I would get an error but now its just saying that it can't mount the SD card (sorry, I cannot get the error message it was giving me earlier)

I do have SBF recovery installed on my phone and that is the only thing I can access. I have wiped the data and cache as well (someone on this forum suggested I try that) and it didn't work.

What do I do? Thank you very much for your help.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was trying to root my phone using the "Root droid 1 regardless of OS" guide and now my phone isn't working. I'm not sure if I didn't copy the update.zip file right or what, but I'm stuck in boot loop most of the time and the LED light is red. When the phone makes it out of boot loop, it opens up the activation screen only to force close a few seconds after it gets there.

When I tried to install update.zip from sd card using sbf recovery, It would go about half way and then I would get an error but now its just saying that it can't mount the SD card (sorry, I cannot get the error message it was giving me earlier)

I do have SBF recovery installed on my phone and that is the only thing I can access. I have wiped the data and cache as well (someone on this forum suggested I try that) and it didn't work.

Sounds like you might need to do the process over again. Did you "catch the boot and go right back into bootloader" If not that might be your issue. Can you boot into recovery?

OP
C

Casey407

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Sounds like you might need to do the process over again. Did you "catch the boot and go right back into bootloader" If not that might be your issue. Can you boot into recovery?

I did catch the boot and I can go into recovery. I tried the process a few times.

Now the phone will not turn on unless it is plugged it. Has a full charge.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what does it say on the screen if you boot into the bootloader?

Your sd card might be corrupted

OP
C

Casey407

Reaction score

Well that's wonderful.

Bootloader says transfer mode USB

Should I just file an insurance claim? I've heard they're not even giving out droids anymore...

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Well that's wonderful.

Should I just file an insurance claim? I've heard they're not even giving out droids anymore...

NO! your phone is fine, and so is your sd card

What else does it say? Charge? Ok to transfer?

If your card is fine and your bootloader doesn't say code corrupted then:

You should be able to just use link 4 in my sig to clean, then link 3 to root and you should be fine

OP
C

Casey407

Reaction score

Well that's wonderful.

You should be able to just use link 4 in my sig to clean, then link 3 to root and you should be fine

Now its saying cannot program. And I can't get to the sd card to put the update.zip in there.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well that's wonderful.

Now its saying cannot program. And I can't get to the sd card to put the update.zip in there.

Are you plugged in to the PC when it says can't program

You can get to your sdcard. Boot to recovery then mount options, enable usb mass storage...of course you have to be connected to your PC

OP
C

Casey407

Reaction score
First, thank you very much for helping me.

Now, when I go to boot loader it says "Low battery cannot program" The battery had a full charge this morning, or its not taking a charge. The battery icon is red and has a line through it but it was on the charger all night. When it is plugged into the wall, the OS starts up (2.2) but force closes and the phone restarts after a few seconds. While the OS is up, it says connect to your charger (it is plugged into the wall). Currently the phone is plugged in and cycling through on and off.

When I plug the phone into the computer and go into sprecovery, I can select the mount options and my computer says there is a drive there, but when I click on it I am prompted to connect a device.

It's like it just keeps getting worse!!! Lol.

Are you plugged in to the PC when it says can't program

You can get to your sdcard. Boot to recovery then mount options, enable usb mass storage...of course you have to be connected to your PC

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK first things first. You NEED to get a GOOD charge on your batt. You either need to get a standalone charger or borrow someones or buy a new batt. It won't charge in your phone when it's this low.

BTW only use the wall charger when the phone is low

OP
C

Casey407

Reaction score
OK first things first. You NEED to get a GOOD charge on your batt. You either need to get a standalone charger or borrow someones or buy a new batt. It won't charge in your phone when it's this low.

Ok. I'm going to use my wife's batter when she gets home this evening. I will repost back late tonight.

Thanks much.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Ok. I'm going to use my wife's batter when she gets home this evening. I will repost back late tonight.

Thanks much.

Good luck, make sure the battery you use has a good charge!