Root problem

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Casey407, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Casey407

Casey407 New Member

Hello everyone,

I looked around all morning and couldn't find a similar post, so time to ask!

I was trying to root my phone using the "Root droid 1 regardless of OS" guide and now my phone isn't working. I'm not sure if I didn't copy the update.zip file right or what, but I'm stuck in boot loop most of the time and the LED light is red. When the phone makes it out of boot loop, it opens up the activation screen only to force close a few seconds after it gets there.

I cannot mount the phone to access my SD card.

When I tried to install update.zip from sd card using sbf recovery, It would go about half way and then I would get an error but now its just saying that it can't mount the SD card (sorry, I cannot get the error message it was giving me earlier)

I do have SBF recovery installed on my phone and that is the only thing I can access.

What do I do? Thank you very much for your help.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

In SPRecovery, do a wipe of both the cache and the data and that should fix your issue.
  3. Casey407

Casey407 New Member

It didn't work. Still doing the same thing :-(
  4. PARick

PARick New Member

Same thing happened to me (exactly) go download a ROM (I used the lithium mod on these forums) and that will solve your problem. Let me know if that works!