root problem

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mikehal38, Sep 5, 2010.

1. mikehal38

mikehal38 Member

i cant seem to find a fix for the issue im having. i was running cm6 and decided id like to go to the official rooted froyo on rom manager. it installed fine but now superuser is not working and i lost my settings app on my phone. it says im rooted but i no longer have clockwork installed for some reason. it seems to me my phone thinks its rooted but it really is not... do i need to use rsd lite to fix this or is there another way?
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

did you make a backup before you did all of this? can you reflash CW?
  3. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Try just using one of the Easy Root or Universal Root apps to see if that fixes the problem.

That is the easiest way, but any way to get rooted 2.2 using one of the "reboot into Recovery" methods is better IMO. I've just not seen as many people run into problems after updating to ANYTHING using that method.

EDIT: Just noticed you didn't have CW any longer. If the flash Able mentioned doesn't work or isn't an option, you may need to get RSDLite and do the steps all the way up from at least 2.1. Rather than re-post someone's advice here, this link does an excellent job of walking through the steps as well as includes a video to make it easy to understand. You'll probably need to at least re-flash SPRecovery to your phone and then go back to 2.2. Then use CW to flash the 2.2 of your choice just like you did Litium, Simply Stunning and Cyanogen.
  4. mikehal38

mikehal38 Member

Thanks for replying guys. I had to use rsd lite to fix it and I went back to a custom rom. All is good now. Thanks again.