Root Problem

DoctorEllsworth

Reaction score
So my day was royally screwed. The new system update was released and downloaded to my phone, no big deal, yet. So about 2am i clicked the "install" button mid-sleep and did an entire system update while my phone was rooted. When i woke up i saw the update had finished and the phone was working fine. When i tried to start a root-based app, it gave the "is your device rooted?" pop-up. so i realized the horrible mistake that was made and factory reset my phone hoping it would clear the root problem and i could simply re-root. I also tried re-rooting the phone but it fails to make any changes. The factory reset did nothing to fix he problem and only proceeds to upset me more (because we all know we have to now re-start angry birds) so what should i do now? i need a way to get rid of this what im calling "half root" and re-root the new system update.

Last edited:

google123

Reaction score
I would just try the one click root again and see if it will root it for you.

chaihg

Reaction score
I am using Super One click root. Google it and find it. It works flawlessly on this.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should try Pete's Motorola tools. Give it a google. It works on DPro D3 Bionic and X. Versatile.

OP
D

DoctorEllsworth

Reaction score
You should try Pete's Motorola tools. Give it a google. It works on DPro D3 Bionic and X. Versatile.
it worked on un-rooting and re-rooting my phone, that's great thank you! But a new problem has come up, when i open wireless tether (i use this to test my root) and start the app, it also starts my mobile hotspot....any ways around this? it also seems to prevent the app from actually letting a connection work. I understand if you dont wanna help me twice, im already grateful for the first!

namenn

Reaction score
Soo I used the petes tool to root after the update to 2.3.3 and then tried barnacle wifi and had the same problem mentioned above so I installed the wifi app you recommended. Problem is i don't see the wifi network with the device profile set to "auto", "generic" or "droid 2" in the app. If, however, I set the device profile to "droid x" I see the network but have the same problem as with barnacle... been messin with it for hours and haven't gotten anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums