Root problem after ICS update

breatheoflife

Reaction score
I'm trying to root my phone after the update using the Razr's Edge method. I plug the phone in, start the program, and it just gets stuck at "waiting for device". Yes, it's the original cord, USB debugging is checking, and it's set to "MTP". Any other ideas? Is there any other one click method or easy method I could try? Please...HELP!

eye_dea

Reaction score
I'm trying to root my phone after the update using the Razr's Edge method. I plug the phone in, start the program, and it just gets stuck at "waiting for device". Yes, it's the original cord, USB debugging is checking, and it's set to "MTP". Any other ideas? Is there any other one click method or easy method I could try? Please...HELP!

Get the latest drivers installed...http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-...tware_and_Drivers/USB-and-PC-Charging-Drivers
Reboot PC and run Razr's Edge again.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try leaving it in mass storage mode

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Try a different computer.

It's not the same issue as you were having, but my own comp doesn't recognize my phone in AP fastboot so I have to use my brother's laptop to get anything done.

tlarseth

Reaction score
This is the drivers on your computer causing this, update them, when you probably installed them there was no ICS drivers around, they would only work with GB or lower. I had to update the drivers on my computer for the phone, and then it went through, there is the RazrEdge and HoB methods of root. I use HoB which worked perfect for mine, I am on 246 with root.

For Razr Edge, I would either have the phone in MTP or Charge Only modes.

actanonverba

Reaction score
Thanks!

This is the drivers on your computer causing this, update them, when you probably installed them there was no ICS drivers around, they would only work with GB or lower. I had to update the drivers on my computer for the phone, and then it went through, there is the RazrEdge and HoB methods of root. I use HoB which worked perfect for mine, I am on 246 with root.

For Razr Edge, I would either have the phone in MTP or Charge Only modes.

I had the same problem. I updated the drivers and ran the Razr's Edge root, phone set to MTP. Phone is now rooted. Thanks a TON for this advice!