Root possible

KaChow

Reaction score
Ok.... I have successfully followed the steps, and successfully installed the JB update.

NOW, I am unable to restore root. Using Voodoo, I click on the Restore Root button, and it just sits there. HELLP ??!!

This is what I have done:
1. Run 1.1 utility, selection 1 to restore to ics 4.0.4
2. After phone reboots into ics, accept and install the 0.7 OTA update.
3. Run 1.1 utility, selection 2 to root. As far as I know the bug report was generated.
4. After reboot:
a. Update SU binaries
b. Install SuperSU (prompted/accepted binaries update when program runs the first time)
c. Install BusyBox via Normal installation choice
5. Run 1.1 utility, selection 3 to install Voodoo OTA rootkeeper
6. Install Root Checker from market (status shows as green--rooted)
7. Open OTA Rootkeeper and click Temp-unroot
8. Open RootKeeper and check root status (shows as red--not rooted)
9. Install OTA JB update on phone.
10. After reboot, Open OTA Rootkeeper and click Restore Root.

I have to make this one quick as I need to run; are SuperUser, SuperSU, BusyBox and Root Checker there. If so go to Root Checker verify root (should be red), then go to BusyBox verify root (should be green). If Green the exploit is still there. Go into SuperUser and try to update the binaries, also update the binaries in SuperSU. Check Root Checker to see if there has been any change.
There are ways to get through this, depends on how well you know ADB and some of this is above my experience. So feel free to contribute community if you can.

cwassman

Reaction score
RESOLVED!

On a second go at the process, I did exactly what your latest post said. Make sure the BusyBox binaries are as you said.
Success. Rooted on Stock JB!

Thanks again for all your help KaChow!

Last edited: