Root or OTA

WolfpacKiD

Reaction score
So a while back I rooted my moto droid and have been running Froyo for a while now. Not that Froyo is OTA i keep getting messages to update my phone. Will updating it unroot my droid or will the update even continue. Can somebody help because i'm not sure if i want to update or just stay where i am and continue to deny the update.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First, if you have Sprecovery or Clockwork recovery either of them will block the installation of the OTA update. If you are rooted you should have one or the other of these alternate recoveries.

If you have one of them and want to do the OTA, you will have to remove that file first. I think you do that with SBF Lite. Search around and you will find how to do that.

P I T A

Reaction score
First, if you have Sprecovery or Clockwork recovery either of them will block the installation of the OTA update. If you are rooted you should have one or the other of these alternate recoveries.

If you have one of them and want to do the OTA, you will have to remove that file first. I think you do that with SBF Lite. Search around and you will find how to do that.

By 'blocking the installation' do you mean it will prompt for the update, but WON'T let you install? I am also rooted, as well as I have ClockworkMod recovery, and I keep getting the prompt to do a system update. Is there a way to stop the prompt from coming up all the time if I do NOT want to do the OTA??

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

By 'blocking the installation' do you mean it will prompt for the update, but WON'T let you install? I am also rooted, as well as I have ClockworkMod recovery, and I keep getting the prompt to do a system update. Is there a way to stop the prompt from coming up all the time if I do NOT want to do the OTA??

Accept the OTA and let it start to install. The phone will boot into ClockworkMod and the install will be aborted. You will get no additional OTA messages.