Root or not

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
I'm new to the smart phone thing and I have been reading about rooting my phone. I see some apps that will do it in just sec. I'm worried that if I do root it and my phone goes out I'm stuck with a phone that won't work because I rooted it.also ihave no clue what to do after I root it.none of my friends have a droid they all have blackberrys so no help from them. I guess I'm asking what do I do after I root my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

aDroidman

Reaction score
There is a few reasons to root but on of the main ones is for free tethering so that's what most people do

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

MassAppeal16

Reaction score
I too was sketchy about rooting my Fascinate but I used the z4root app. It took a couple times for it to take but its working fine now. Wireless tether is nice but I had to DL a special file for it from a Guy on here. I was going to do the lag fix too but the more I read it doesn't seem to be that great

OP
Swvapunk69

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
So really if I don't care about using it to get the net on my laptop then rooting is not really a big deal.

dhaymond

Reaction score
it's only really a big deal if you wanna control your whole phone. it's like a gateway or portal hole if you will. it truly makes your phone becomes your phone. but you have to follow steps to the T... and there are sites other thay teach you. even people in here sometimes are really nice to explain it. and sites like androidcentral help you to understand it and explain exactly what root is.

dhaymond

Reaction score
I believe everyone here may have been iffy bout doing it.