Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Try link two in my signature. If that doesn't work we'll move on to the root-only computer-based applications. Custom recoveries are possible from there, just take some doing.

Joecal88

Reaction score
Try link two in my signature. If that doesn't work we'll move on to the root-only computer-based applications. Custom recoveries are possible from there, just take some doing.

ok i did all of it and it was running smooth after rebooting i got the droid instead of the triangle. i did everything but it said that it couldn't find update.zip and it was aborted.. what else can i do?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Did you make sure you'd renamed the file update.zip and not update.zip.zip or update .zip or updatezip? :)

That's the most common error. Putting it in a folder named 'root' is the next most common.

Joecal88

Reaction score
i did it as update.zip

i added that file to the root of the droid. i can find the file using Astro but for some reason when i want to install it fails..

is there a way to get a hold of you instead of aim or yahoo? im on gmail (talk) and on msn live.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
If it can't find update.zip then it's not named right. Try renaming it in Astro and seeing if it works that time.

If that fails then we'll move on to another program. :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
That's what I'm here for. :)

This is the best method because it's one-stop shopping. Getting a custom recovery image on after this point uses the same update.zip file you have now and ROM Manager/DroidMod Updater OR some tricky ADB commands.

Joecal88

Reaction score
ALRIGHT!! i got it to work when i renamed it in ASTRO..

So no im on to the wifi tethering.. what do i do once i have downloaded the file? i know, im such a newb at this.. hahaha

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Navigate to it in Astro and press it. The App Manager option should pop up so you just tell it to install and roll with it. I keep a shortcut on my main homescreen for easy access. ;)

kmusmc

Reaction score
I was able to reroot using z4root after update. No problem, I just made sure to unroot before installing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I haven't any idea how to re-root yet alone unroot. Another thing I can't find the link in furbearinganimals signiture, do the update. Zip

IslandZane

Reaction score
do u think u could walk me through rooting my droid 1 furbearingmammal? im terrible with computers so...

Sent from my Droid