Root on the newest 2.2.1 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Hey I am not sure if something is wrong , but I lost root after the update. I am using the z4root app and it seems not wanting to root, Has anyone else having this issue? If there is a root way can you post and let me know? I have the sbf of the MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf will this brick my phone if I use this?

This thread got moved by a amature I think to the Droid 2 section. So does anyone know of a Droid 2 that model is a A855 also a Droid 2 that got a 2.2.1 Update? Because the moderator that moved it must need some help on the new updates and what phones were infact updated and also I wish he would take some time to actually read this before getting move happy.

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to the Droid 2 general discussion section.

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I think the app will have to be updated. does anybody know if it will and how to know if is does since it is no longer in the market. It don't even show up in my downloads page, on the market.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the app will have to be updated. does anybody know if it will and how to know if is does since it is no longer in the market. It don't even show up in my downloads page, on the market.

According to Ryan (author) over on XDA, they keep taking it down but not giving a reason.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It has 2.2.1 listed as compatible for permanent root. Is Superuser still installed?

DroidForums junkie!!

mbh87

Reaction score
I had to do a factory reset and not set anything up, skip the setup completely, tap all 4 corners of the welcome screen and then it would work.

OP
lloyd2398

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Im not sure why This Thread was moved when I clearly stated its a DROID 1 PLEASE MOVE IT BACK!!!

OP
lloyd2398

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Im still waiting for this to be moved back to the droid general section as Im not getting the response that I should be getting because the one moderator moved it to the droid 2 section when the droid 2 section doesnt even have a 2.2.1 update and not a model A855 as the posting said. AGAIN PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD THE THE ORIGINAL SPOT THAT I POSTED.

OP
lloyd2398

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Obviously nobody is going to do it so ill have to repost in my regular thread again

Status
Not open for further replies.