1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Root og droid 2.2.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by greek175, Feb 20, 2011.

1. greek175

greek175 New Member

It was rooted on 2.2 then I ugraded to 2.2.1 and lost root. I have been searching for a while and couldn't find anything so I stopped looking. How can I root my of droid on 2.2.1, if i can root it I will take the phone back
  2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

First link in my signature will do it.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).
  3. dasanman69

dasanman69 New Member

You can also use superoneclick or soup or root. Google them. I don't have their links at the moment.
  4. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

Neither superoneclick or z4root worked on my D1. I had to try it using RSD Lite. Fairly simple method. Don't let it overwhelm you.
  5. Godric

Godric New Member

Superoneclick works on 2.2.1, I do it on my phone all the time. You must've been doing something wrong. Its supposed to unmount the sd card automatically when u run it and then when it mounts again you'd have superuser and root access.
  6. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no clue how I was doing something wrong. I mean, it is called SuperONECLICK. ;) Regardless I rooted with RSD Lite. I actually preferred it that way because I learned alot more. Been running Pete's GPA ROM for awhile now and after flashing a new kernel, it runs like a champ.