Root newb

Andrew37

Reaction score
Ok. Newb question. What exactly are my positives to rooting my phone? In other words what will i gain in rooting

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Depends what your looking for. If your looking for dramatic changes to the look of your phone, like full themes, then rooting is for you.

If your looking to get rid of all those apps you don't use and is slowing down your phone, rooting is for you.

Then you have "ROM's", which adds and takes away certain features that you may or may not like.

But if your just rooting to say you rooted, then there is no need.

My suggestion is read a lot before doing it if you decide too.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

the5barrons

Reaction score
Wanna use wifi tether? Root.

Change your boot logo? Root.

Improve battery performance, after eliminating bloat and such, root.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

fishstick600

Reaction score
You don't have to root to get wifi tethering. I can attest to that because I use it and am unrooted. But ya bloatware and themes are a reason to root.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sgt Jiggy

Reaction score
You don't have to root to get wifi tethering. I can attest to that because I use it and am unrooted. But ya bloatware and themes are a reason to root.

Is there an app available for unrooted tethering? I'm not interested in paying for the hotspot service.

Also, can anyone tell me if rooted phones still have the corporate sync and wifi issues?

Freezetron

Reaction score
I would really like to uninstall all this useless app crap on my Droid X to free up memory and more battery life but all the rooting walkthroughs i've read are confusing and scare the hell out of me.

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
I would really like to uninstall all this useless app crap on my Droid X to free up memory and more battery life but all the rooting walkthroughs i've read are confusing and scare the hell out of me.

i agree with you, usually im the type that would get into anything and try to change things, codes and stuff like games and code editing but this is a whole another beast lol and till i learn a bit more or feel comfortable then i jump in...

fishstick600

Reaction score

Is there an app available for unrooted tethering? I'm not interested in paying for the hotspot service.

Also, can anyone tell me if rooted phones still have the corporate sync and wifi issues?

There's an app but its not wireless. There is a method that bypasses you having to pay monthly and it only take a minute. Download switch pan from the market first. Now turn on hotspot. Open switch pan..click data...scroll to the bottom...click turn off radio then turn it back on..and that's it free hotspot