Root my inc2

firefighter17101

Reaction score
A little lost. I would like to know how to root my phone so i could get rid of the crap and get full use of it. My phone did the OTA to 2.3.3 but i think i can get it back to 2.2.1 but doing a factory reset. Can someone help me w/ the root. Thanks

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will not be able to go back to 2.2 by doing a factory reset. It will just wipe your phone's data.

I do not think there is currently a way to get back to 2.2 from 2.3.

SSX v2.0

HTCuser

Reaction score
Ur going to have to wait a little bcuz the ota doesn't work with the root right now and u can't go back to 2.2 u would have had to root while on 2.2 but I'm sure they r gonna make one for the ota

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
If you don't want to wait, you can purchase the XTC Clip and do the root that way. Be aware that it is a non reversible S-OFF, so that's the only drawback. Still worthwhile to me, personally.

OP
F

firefighter17101

Reaction score
I was having issues with batt life, and the batt was dead out of the box from the get go and after fighting w/ cs and tech i got them to send me a new phone. i don't think it has gb if it still has 2.2 what is the best way to root that I can reverse if need be? Appreciate the help.
Also I see people talking about s-off and other abbreviations. What is some of this stuff?

Thanks again

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
S-Off just means Security-Off ( I believe). The Dinc2 has a boot "menu", so to speak, called hboot. If that's set to S-On, you can't do anything with your phone. But if you can hack an S-Off hboot onto the phone (like what Alpharevx does), then it's wide open again.

OP
F

firefighter17101

Reaction score
I need to activate the new inc2 vzw sent me I think it still has 2.2 how do I root it if it does? Help is appreciated being that I am new to droid. Thanks

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
If you already updated to gingerbread you CANNOT roll back to froyo

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

ABQNM

Reaction score
Tweeted by jcase a little while ago, Revolutionary can now root the Incredible 2 2.3. Currently it crashes at downloading CWM, so you still have to flash that and SU manually, but it definitely works!!

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
Hah.. ah ok. but yea i'm going to sound stupid but does anyone have a step by step to root so I don't accidentally brick my phone. And seeing how there is no stable release of CM7 any recommendations for what ROM i should choose?