Root, mess around, flash 2.1, still recieve OTA?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jdsingle, Aug 22, 2010.

1. jdsingle

jdsingle New Member

I have kind of a speculative question. Say I were to root, enjoy all of it and more, mess around for a while, then flash back to a 2.1 sbf, would I be able to get the 2.2 OTA update if I mine phone has already received the OTA update and I am running 2.2?

So, in steps:

1. Root
    2. Install ROMs and themes galore
    3. Flash back to 2.1
    4. Check system update to see if I can download 2.2 OTA
    5. Will it work?
    Just a curiosity question more than anything. If you don't have an answer for this other than, "just stay rooted, you won't want to go back," please refrain from answering.
  2. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

should work however wouldnt be automatic update you would have to manually check for an update

but stay rooted you wont want to go back ;)
  3. jdsingle

jdsingle New Member

It is for the gf's phone. She wants to try out some ROMs but may want to go back to 2.2. I was wondering if I would have to flash back to 2.1 and manually push update or if I could do a check system update and it would download that way.
  4. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

There is a 2.2 sbf out there. Pete (BB dev) has it on his website, I can't link to it I am on my phone.
  5. jdsingle

jdsingle New Member

Alright, just in case anyone is wondering, you can root, flash back, and still to a check for system updates and get Froyo OTA Official update. After Easy Root failing to root my phone...it says it is rooted however all the programs that require root say otherwise. I flashed back to 2.1 update 1, used androidsuperuser and was good to go even after the update!