Root Master Is An App That Promises To Root Nearly Any Device

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

There was a time when rooting Android devices was super easy. Phones like the OG Droid, Droid X, and other older Android devices could be rooted by universal root apps. Many of you may remember the Z4 root app. It would root any Android device on froyo and earlier builds of android. All you had to do was install the app and press the "root me" button. The device would begin applying the proper exploit, reboot your phone, and then you would just enjoy your rooted device.

Android is much more secure these days, and it is becoming increasingly harder to root devices. Some carriers simply will not allow it on their phones, and force OEMs to lock down devices bootloader tight making it even harder to root them. The Verizon Galaxy Note 4 for example has still not been rooted even though developers have been working on root for more than 6 months for the device.

A new app called "Root Master" claims to root nearly any Android device. They claim an 80%-90% success rate. The creators of the app scour the web for root methods, updating their app with all the latest root methods as often as possible. I decided to give this app a go today on my Nexus 6 running Android 5.1. Unfortunately the app was not able to root my Nexus 6. I have a feeling that it has not been updated to support 5.1. Then again the 80-90% could be an overstatement. Head to the link below to give it a try on your device and be sure to report your results in the comments below!

via SuperRoot

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have they been able to root 5.0 lollipop devices despite claims lollipop devices could not be rooted unless the bootloader is unlocked?

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
um yea i know how to root a nexus device lol i tried specifically to test the app. A nexus device should be the easiest device for an app like this to root since it doesn't really need an exploit.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
um yea i know how to root a nexus device lol i tried specifically to test the app. A nexus device should be the easiest device for an app like this to root since it doesn't really need an exploit.

I don't think @cybertec69 realized you were just trying to test the app for your article.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
My phone happens to be on the other 10-20% :(

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Anyone try this on the Droid Turbo?

PBarn

Reaction score
Failed on my "ancient" RAZR Maxx HD. Not surprised at all.

squeak

Reaction score
doesn't apper to be working for the droid maxx 4.4.4.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I doubt this works. Jcase spent how long working on Sunshine?

Fuchueson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
Twitter
mc_morris
I think most people are going to fall into the "10-20%"