Root Jelly Bean (Spectrum 2)

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
And found yet another updated 2nd-init recovery that works... download lte2jbrecovery.apk from here: Index of ./Root-Recovery-TV/LG/F180L/ This one is version 2.0, the last one was version 1.4. Still CWM 6.0.2.8

PS - I updated the OP with a link to the root files that work with the update.

Last edited:

Cat88Extreme

Reaction score
Can't get my Spectrum 2 with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 to Root. Root_LTE2 goes so far and just stops (see below).

View attachment 67307

The old version of Root_LTE2 seams to work until you get to the end and it says to hit any key for the phone to reboot. When I hit a key the program closes and the phone does nothing (see below).

View attachment 67309

Motochopper does the same as the new Root_LTE2 (see below).

View attachment 67308

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
Make sure on your phone you have the connection set to ethernet or modem and usb debugging needs to be on as well

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

Cat88Extreme

Reaction score
Double, Triple, Quadruple, lost track of, how many times, I have checked those settings. Even tried both ethernet and modem. Tried reloading the drivers both from the download and by letting them load from the phone multiple times each.

Cat88Extreme

Reaction score
"id try a different cable and/or pc" - Done and done already. Thanks for the ideas though.

Tried downloading the Drivers from LG's website instead of the link in the Wiki post (what I did originally) and voila, IT WORKED! Motochopper went further in the process but still locked up. Root_LTE worked. This time when the program said reboot phone and it closed, the phone actually restarted. Tried using Titanium Backup to verify root and it worked (asking for root rights).