Root Jelly Bean (Spectrum 2)

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
what didn't work exactly? is it not flashing the new cab? maybe try the tried and true ics cab and then update.

TrdLtly

Reaction score
I was trying to get rid of the old superuser app (green android icon). I figured it out. In the apps window I was able to select the settings and then in "app info" I selected "uninstall". I then rerooted with motochopper exploit and it worked. I now have the blue pound sign superuser app.

Just installed "Titan..Backup root"... I am now uninstalling some bloatware (amazon, amex, ect.)

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
I was trying to get rid of the old superuser app (green android icon). I figured it out. In the apps window I was able to select the settings and then in "app info" I selected "uninstall". I then rerooted with motochopper exploit and it worked. I now have the blue pound sign superuser app.

Just installed "Titan..Backup root"... I am now uninstalling some bloatware (amazon, amex, ect.)

Good deal, careful with that bloatware, touchy little phone if you axe the wrong one, lol. Glad you got it sorted.

TrdLtly

Reaction score
I am now an expert at restoring my phone to factory specs. Done it 3 different ways now... all in about 8 hours. LOL

Amazon... gone, Zappos... gone, Slacker...gone. Now it is my phone.

LG, Google and Verizon, If I wanted a phone like everyone else... I would buy an iPhone. Stop forcing junk on us. That is what will keep Android phones on top.

micrors4

Reaction score
I have to admit I am tempted to move away from Verizon and go to T-Mobile after my experience with all this crap, now I really want to get this phone's boot loader cracked just to give Verizon a big middle finger.

Speezy88

Reaction score
Hey there. So I'm trying to unroot my LG Spectrum 2, and I tried the recovery from soft bricked method, but I can't get the ICS cab file. Does anyone know where I can get it?

TrdLtly

Reaction score
Hey there. So I'm trying to unroot my LG Spectrum 2, and I tried the recovery from soft bricked method, but I can't get the ICS cab file. Does anyone know where I can get it?

This (So bricked... - LG Spectrum - RootzWiki - Page 2) method should work no matter what you have done to your phone. I did it and know that it works. Just follow the steps precisely. You don't have to go back to ICS to update. This will do a full fresh install of JB.

xXxGeek

Reaction score
HOW TO ROOT THE NEW JB 4.1.2 UPDATE FOR THE SPECTRUM 2

FOLLOW THE GUIDE BELOW TO ROOT YOUR SPECTRUM 2
Disclaimer: Follow this guide at your own risk.
Credit: djrbliss

REQUIREMENTS:
  • Enable USB debugging in your phone's settings, >Settings >Developer Options >OK >USB debugging.
  • USB Connectivity set to internet connection, >Settings >Programs >Connectivity >USB Connection Type >Ethernet Connection
  • Download >"LG Spectrum 2 USB drivers" for your pc
  • Always do a backup before rooting, Link >How to Backup & Restore

STEPS TO ROOTING YOUR LG SPECTRUM 2:
  1. Download and unzip this file >motochopper.zip
  2. Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable
  3. Ensure that you have the correct USB drivers installed for your Spectrum 2 device
  4. Make sure to have debugging enabled
  5. Run the script for your OS ("run.bat" for Windows, or "./run.sh" for Linux)
  6. Enjoy!

CLICK ON TO SEE >SPECTRUM 2 ESSENTIAL TIPS & TRICKS
(UPDATED MAY 12, 2013)​

Last edited:

bklynscoobz

Reaction score
help with loading tweaks

The last time i rooted a phone was the droid x. I finally decided to come back to android. I rooted the spectrum 2. Now i want to load tweaks from pimp my rom. I cant seem to figure out how to do it. Can some one help me please.

JimiMack

Reaction score
The last time i rooted a phone was the droid x. I finally decided to come back to android. I rooted the spectrum 2. Now i want to load tweaks from pimp my rom. I cant seem to figure out how to do it. Can some one help me please.

See link below it will offer your a custom recovery, with this phone being so locked down tight any changes or tweaks could put it in a security boot loop. If you choose to, good luck. Make sure you have downloaded the restore CAB file from LG first in case you need it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/lg-spectrum-2/234752-working-cwm-recovery.html

kratliff09

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have been doing some research on rooting my LG Spectrum 2. I just now got the update (4.1.2) and I have tried this method in this thread and the one that was posted by Wicked.. neither have worked for me. I have made sure I've done everything right as far as making sure I have all the drivers and debugging and all of that. Every time I run motoroot it will eventually say failed and then says something about cleaning up and rebooting. The superuser app does show up on my phone but there is nothing in it at all and I have an app to check if my phone is rooted and it says it isn't.. any ideas? I really want my phone to be rooted and I am sick of looking around cause I always end up back here. Lol. Any help is appreciated. Thank ya. :)

OP
mordant80

mordant80

Reaction score
There was an update pushed after i posted this, and i haven't taken it where im rooted and don't want to reload stock yet. We may have to find a new method. One option is to load the cab from the next to last update and root. I remember seeing it, shouldn't be hard to find

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 4