Root help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jbrock98, Apr 8, 2010.

1. jbrock98

jbrock98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    guys i wanna root my phone and have no idea where to start? i'd like to have my phone do as much as possible but i'm not too savvy when it comes to this stuff and most these things ya'll talk about i dont understand, anyone near nashville, TN? lol ....seriously tho what would be your advice for me? dont root? thats its too risky for someone who doesn't understand eveything, watch youtube?

2. Candice

Candice Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In my personal opinion, I wouldn't root until you know the ins and outs of it. There are BILLIONS of tutorials on the web and this forum, you should read through them and do the research before doing anything. Watching a few youtube videos couldn't hurt, then you'd have a visual to go with the terminology. Just don't do anything until you have good idea of what you're doing.

I haven't rooted, I would LOVE to, but I also am VERY aware of my technical limitations. That said, I probably will, at some point, but I've only had my phone for 2 months and I'm still a bit overwhelmed at all the things it can do without rooting.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :)

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Well, I'll be honest. If you are not to tech savvy and you don't know what you're doing it may be best for you not to root at all.

If you are on 2.1 right now, and I'm kind of assuming you are you would have to first go back to 2.0.1. Then you could use Droidmod to root, but Droidmod itself is not the best ROM out there.

I suggest you do the reading in the stickies about rooting, how to root, etc. If you can't follow it, don't do it.

4. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,792
  5. jbrock98

jbrock98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea i am on 2.1, what are these ROMs ya'll are talking about? Read-Only-Memory? what exactly do they do and wat makes others better than others?....

@pilotcharles thanks for those links i'll def hit those up when i get home from work