Root Has Been Achieved On The Nexus Player!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

CF-Root by Chainfire has been released for the Nexus Player. The Nexus Player is the new $99 media box from Google. This device is made to bring apps, media, and gaming from the Android platform to your big screen. With root you should be able to modify your device and have even more access for more media. You will be able to install alternative launchers and this should pave the way to really open up your device. Head to the link below for the download.

Via Chainfire.eu

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
HAHA! YES! And of course, I will be trying this on my new Nexus Player when it arrives! :D (has evil grin) :D

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have not found a justifiable reason to buy this over the Chromecast yet. With the Chromecast I am pulling from Google's (hulu, netflix, etc) cloud so the amount of space I have is basically unlimited. Where the nexus player on board storage space is eh at best. I am sure root will bring the ability to read from external hard drives but I am going to have to wait and see what the developer community can do with this device. With that said I am going to continue to keep up with the news on this device.

Sent from my Nexus 6

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
You can still pull from those same servers, you've just got more options open than the chrome cast.

I'm definitely interested in this device.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Yup, this just seems like it has more possibilities, granted it also costs a whole lot more.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Look into Matchstick. A lot more advantages and cheaper as well. I have 2 on order.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I am sure root will bring the ability to read from external hard drives

My Nexus Player isn't rooted & can read from a 32gb thumb drive. Which makes side loading apps easy. But they can also be side loaded through the Play Store's website (not through the app).

I'll add this, if you have a Chromecast I wouldn't worry about getting the Nexus Player. Unless it was going to be used in another room. Because side by side my Chromecast seems to play videos better with less buffering