Root for Mac Users?

jskyler91

Reaction score
I was wondering when a root was going to come for mac users. I know that I could download a Virtual Windows emulator, but that is either expensive, time consuming, illegal or all three. Is there a way to complete this root without ADB or to create a root app that roots it for you? Heck, I would even type everything into the terminal on my phone (I know this probably isn't possible), I just want to underclock my phone so it can last a day. Anyone have any ideas or helpful links to set up adb on mac without a windows emulator? Thank you in advance.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
great news!!! this has been the only thing holding me back. Ive got an old windows box that I suppose I could use but i just dont trust that machine doing something like this. Now that know I can do this on my macbook im gonna give it a shot. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
UPDATE: I followed this method exactly and everything went smooth. No hiccups, no confusion, the write up is spectacular and as a result I have successfully rooted my tbolt from my mac!!!

jason6g

Reaction score
vmware/virtualbox with xp is always a good thing to have too ;)

loveubuntu

Reaction score
I don't understand why you guys don't switch to Ubuntu or any other Linux dirstros. Why bother with two greediest companies in the world?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I don't understand why you guys don't switch to Ubuntu or any other Linux dirstros. Why bother with two greediest companies in the world?

Well, for me its because I got a macbook pro for Christmas present/college grad present a few years ago and I have no extra money for another machine just for fun. I love my mac. At risk of sounding like a fan-boy, "it just works"...

I agree though. If I were in the market for another box, I would definitely look outside of Apple, but for my purposes at this point, it does everything I need it to do. I've rooted both my d1 back in the day and my tbolt "the long way" through terminal on my macbook with no issues so...

A windows virtualmachine comes in handy for certain things as well...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums