"Root for Dummies with Autoit" Project

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Shibbey, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Shibbey

Shibbey New Member

"Root for Dummies with Autoit" Project A855 only

Recently I created an all encompassing Autoit script for my ex-girlfriend. This script simply included RSD, Motorola Drivers, SPRecovery, and The stock ESD56.sbf. I made it for her so that she could follow the automated steps to install everything she needed and flash SPRecovery. Then it directed her how to perform a nandroid backup, and then flashed the ESD56 stock ROM on her phone. She wanted to do that to backup and wipe her old busted phone before mailing it back to Verizon.

So here is my proposal. I am thinking about creating another one for the beginners in rooting. It would run on Windows XP and later and be fully self contained. Initially I will write it to perform the steps I prefer to use.

1. Install Motorola Drivers, if not already done
    2. Install RSDLite, if not already done.
    3. Flash to stock FRG22D
    4. Flash SPrecovery (MotoCache's version)
    5. Then step through update.zip'ing a rooted ROM (stock FRG22D or Sapphire v1.1.1 initially)
    Once I have that process down, I can expand the app to include more options like different ROMS, or different rooting methods.

Here are my questions.

1. Do we as a group on Droidforums, feel this would be a sought after program that is worth my time and effort?
    2. Anyone else here familiar with Autoit that would be willing to help me work out kinks, or willing to learn enough to assist? Of course all assistance will be properly credited.
    Side note: It is not too difficult to create different versions excluding the drivers and RSDLite to minimize the file size.

I foresee this being a long work in progress with many updates as new ROMS and updated files become available.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  2. Shibbey

Shibbey New Member

The safest, most proven Recovery method

Well, quite the lack of opinions recieved! I went ahead and created an example to see what I mean.

Disclaimer: The program from the following link is one that I wrote. I have not altered the files used to install or actually manipulate the phone. My program simply automates the majority of the steps and provides guidance on the steps I can not do for you.

This example performs the following steps:
    1. Installs the Motorola drivers (yes the correct ones whether x86 or x64)
    2. Installs RSDLite 4.6
    3. Flashes the stock, unrooted FRG22D to the phone
    Why this as an example? How many people do we get on here saying "I did........., and now I think I am bricked.....What do I do?" The majority of the time, our answer is..yep, do the above steps.

Without further ado:If you do use this, please let me know of any suggestions and leave feedback. Positive or negative.. TIA
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  3. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

OK, do I put this on my computer and then what?
  4. Shibbey

Shibbey New Member

Just run it like any other Windows program (double click it).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

Shibbey, I mean no offence, but IMHO there are WAY too many variables for you to get this working properly for the masses. Look at the history of this stuff, from DroidRootHelper, to SholesModUpdater, to DroidModUpdater, to EasyRoot, to lately RDKamakazie's attempt. Too many things change too fast, and not only that, does this actually work with every version of windows that everyone uses?

And not only that, once upon a time when I (thought) needed to use RSD Lite 4.6 to flash a .sbf file to my phone properly, I had to go through all three of my Windows XP Pro SP2 computers to get it done. RSD Lite is a VERY finicky app, and as such should (IMHO) ALWAYS be a last resort.
  6. Shibbey

Shibbey New Member

You do have very valid arguments. I cannot argue your points. If I were to try and write one single script to cover EVERY single scenario and every single method, the program would be HUGE!!

I have debated how to address this. One is to write several versions to minimize confusion. Another is to simply keep it limited to a certain amount of stuff. I have not decided which it will be.

Of course this script can only be used assuming that there are no computer malfunctions and the user follows the instructions explicitly.
  7. Shibbey

Shibbey New Member

NOTE: I realized that I had uploaded the incorrect file. The file I uploaded did not actually include the drivers and RSDLite install files. The correct version has been uploaded and the link updated.

If you have downloaded the file prior to NOW, please delete it, it will not work. You may have already discovered that.

If the version you have is around 3MB in size, you have the wrong one.

New Link: Flash2Stock.exe
Search tags for this page

android autoit

auto it android

autoit android

autoit android root

autoit for android

autoit on android

autoit phone
autoit to android
how to root andriod using autoit script