Root for a fee??

SID KELLY

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there that will, for a fee, talk those of us that are scared about rooting talk us thru the process (on the phone) ?? Make any sense??

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you seen this guide:

xda-developers - View Single Post - How to root the Droid 2

Kind of rooting for dummies. ;)

It really is a lot simpler than it sounds, and you can use that guide and cut/paste commands into your command prompt window.

That said, if you really are that nervous and not comfortable w/the level of tech in the instructions, you might be better off not rooting...unless you have a clear desire/need for something provided by root and really want to do it.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what he said. but know theres always people here to help you do it and if you have problems :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Droid Forums exist to help people who are willing to help other members out. No payment should be needed or expected in return for help given to another member.

revenge8

Reaction score
if you reaalllyy want it easy, and you havent updated to FRG22D, .. use the Easy Root or Universal Androot programs.. 'one button touch' rooting. use at your own risk, but i used Easy Root to root my droid 1 running FRG01B at the time and it worked perfectly.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sid, lik you, I was very hesitant to root my phone. At the time, it seemed daunting. If you want to root read the articles. Make notes and if you have questions post before you start. Once you start should you have any issues there are many members that will work with you to successfully root your phone.

Mike

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a post some time ago about someone on Craigslist selling his services. While I don't find fault of someone doing that, when I root I'll try to do it myself. After all, we have lots of people here willing to help.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you reaalllyy want it easy, and you havent updated to FRG22D, .. use the Easy Root or Universal Androot programs.. 'one button touch' rooting. use at your own risk, but i used Easy Root to root my droid 1 running FRG01B at the time and it worked perfectly.

This is a D2...that won't work. Different OS versions and different root process...