Root for 5.5.893 ota available now

eosaph

Reaction score
I'm on the 5.5.893 OTA on a replacement Bionic and want to root. The phone has not been rooted before. I've had no luck with Pete' exploit as it fails repeatedly. Will this exploit work on a unrooted device?

ripper2860

Reaction score
I'm on the 5.5.893 OTA on a replacement Bionic and want to root. The phone has not been rooted before. I've had no luck with Pete' exploit as it fails repeatedly. Will this exploit work on a unrooted device?

Yes. Worked for me.

eosaph

Reaction score
Thanks.......the rooting process was flawless. Now to find a safe ROM to flash. I have not had good luck with Th3ory's.(my bad not his).

Concistency

Reaction score
Use P3Droid's one click tool for the updated Bionic, not Pete's tool. Th3ory's roms are generally all really good, are you sure you cleared /cache, /data, format /system, /dalvik? You have to do that for the rom to properly flash, highly recommended.

eosaph

Reaction score
Well it seems this MOTA893 did NOT work out after all. I seem to have lost access to any recovery (CW), so I can't load/flash anything as I can't get into the fastboot(?).
Is there any way to reverse/unroot from this ROTA893? :frown:

Even with a full factory reset the phone remains rooted and no recovery...

Last edited:
OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
Well it seems this MOTA893 did NOT work out after all. I seem to have lost access to any recovery (CW), so I can't load/flash anything as I can't get into the fastboot(?).
Is there any way to reverse/unroot from this ROTA893? :frown:

Even with a full factory reset the phone remains rooted and no recovery...

Factory reset doesnt remove root. There is a full fxz of the stock 5.5.893 image you can restore with.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

eosaph

Reaction score
Factory reset doesnt remove root. There is a full fxz of the stock 5.5.893 image you can restore with.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Many thanks for this tip....Found it and flashed with RSDv5.6. Root gone, back on stock 5.5.893 and a happy old man who is done with rooting. :p

318Droid

Reaction score
This is the same link I used to root my bionic...I was on 5.7.893 then use rsdlite to get bk on update path, updated to 5.5.893 then used this link and im finally rooted. Thought about going to .901but figured I'll just wait around...worked flawlessly!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums