Root for 2.1 leakers

J

Johnly

lol! WIP=(work in progress) I hope the X gets in to the "everyone" category...but maybe HTC is the better deal, and us Moto boys have bean hoodwinked?

xliderider

Reaction score

ytwokc5

Reaction score
Rooted my wife's eris last night using the method posted at Root for ERIS LEAKERS! - xda-developers .

Installed EvilEris Rom, overclocked to ~700mhz. Difference in performance is noticeable. My wife was ready to toss her Eris out the window prior to being rooted.

xliderider

Reaction score
Rooted my wife's eris last night using the method posted at Root for ERIS LEAKERS! - xda-developers .

Installed EvilEris Rom, overclocked to ~700mhz. Difference in performance is noticeable. My wife was ready to toss her Eris out the window prior to being rooted.

Good to hear, that is what I plan to do to my wife's Eris this weekend. Her phone is lagging on touch input and menu command execution badly. :icon_evil:

Do you know if the silent call bug is still a problem on the EE 3.0 rom?

ytwokc5

Reaction score

Good to hear, that is what I plan to do to my wife's Eris this weekend. Her phone is lagging on touch input and menu command execution badly. :icon_evil:

Do you know if the silent call bug is still a problem on the EE 3.0 rom?

I confess I did not familiarize myself with the various Eris ROMs, I picked EvilEris because it seemed to have the largest following. I am not familiar with the silent call bug, so I don't know if it's fixed or not.

The good news is... the lag is gone!

xliderider

Reaction score
The silent call bug is when the Eris receives a call, there is no audio. I forget if the problem exists when the Eris initiates a call as well.

The only way to recover from the silent call bug is to reset the phone. Very annoying, and potentially dangerous, if the problem happened when you needed to make an emergency call.