root, factory reset...reroot?

Orionalias

Reaction score
so question. i'm rooted. then my phone begins to act buggy....

side question here...at this point should i do a factory reset, or just play around with roms?

back to original question...let's say i do a factory reset after rooting, do i lose root? would i just need to reroot? i'm gonna root my droid inc via unrevoked, and part of that process is carrying out a backup...would i just reinstall this backup?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
a factroy reset wont affect root. and as for the side question it would depend on what is causing the bugginess to determine whether fac reset or rom will help.

OP
O

Orionalias

Reaction score
a factroy reset wont affect root. and as for the side question it would depend on what is causing the bugginess to determine whether fac reset or rom will help.

interesting. i'm genuinely surprised a fac reset wouldn't affect root. given that doing one deletes all apps and data, i assumed it would at least delete the superuser app. but awesome to know. so i can root, and safely perform a fac reset later on if i feel the phone just needs a refreshing? (assuming i keep with stock rom)

and fair point on the side question response. i'm currently, pre-root, suffering from a known issue with the droid incredible; on occassion, it wigs out. it could be just laying on a table with the screen on and suddenly it'll start shifting home screens, highlighting apps or messages, etc. i was just wondering if this happens after rooting, i may want to do a fac reset.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well a fac reset doesn't affect system apps so root is unnafected. As for the the inc I'm not to familiar so I can't really comment on whether a new rom will help.

tappin and a talkin